If you want to build a successful Etsy shop, your customers should keep coming back for more. For this, your shop should be memorable, that’s why you need to have a strong brand identity. What are the Etsy shop branding elements and how you can most out of them?
1. Define Your Brand
As I mentioned in the previous blog, firstly you should define your brand. Think deeply and answer these questions:
- How is your product different from the competitors?
- What is unique about you that can serve customers’ needs?
- Why should customers choose your products?
2. Describe Your Ideal Customer
After defining your brand, think about your ideal customer. Imagine all your future customers are “one specific person” and create a complete description. This will help you to determine that your products will solve a problem they have.
You will need to answer these questions as best as possible:
- What are their age and gender?
- Where do they live?
- How much do they earn?
- How do they think?
- What challenges do they face?
- What is important to them?
- What pushes them to make purchasing decisions?
You’ll need to continue to emerge over time as you tweak and update your target market as needed. Review your Etsy stats to have more information about them. Also, connect Google Analytics to your shop to uncover more valuable data to keep crafting your ideal customer.
Once you have figure out what makes you different from everyone, you should be consistent across all platforms. Make sure that your brand messaging is cohesive across social media, e-mails, business cards, blogs, packaging, and anywhere else you might promote your brand.
We completed most of the branding with the brand statement, brand definition, and ideal customer. Let’s talk about how can we reflect our brand on Etsy with shop banners and icons.
3. Etsy Shop Branding Element – Banner
Firstly, the banner. It appears on the top of your home page. It’s the visual storefront of your shop and creates the first (good or bad) impression on potential customers. Having a truly unique and eye-catching banner will help you set yourself apart from the competition.
When creating your banner, get as creative as you like as long as it goes with your brand.
A few ideas:
- Highlight your best products
- Example: Cheria Kay Signs
- Show your products in action
- Example: Ellagant Studios
- Add your shop name & social media handles
- Example: Miracle Design Studio
- Show your social proofs with numbers
- Couldn’t find an example, but I’ll show my shop’s sales amount, review average, reviews, favorites, and admirers count in the banner.
4. Etsy Shop Branding Element – Shop Icon
Secondly, the shop icon. It appears on your home page, receipts, and any other places where your shop appears. It might be the most important branding element in your Etsy shop. It should legible, distinguishable, and memorable. If it complements your banner, it’d be better.
Look at the examples below, they check all the boxes in terms of the icons and banners:
Brand your Etsy shop with this inspiration and take care until next week!
Want to learn more about how to sell on Etsy? Follow to @learnbuildsell